Home – School Agreement
We are determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where all children and young people will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners. This can be done most effectively when all concerned understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals.
Heart of the Forest Community Special School aims to:
- Provide your child with a high standard of education within a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that is empathetic to the needs of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
- Provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment, where all of your child’s needs will be met.
- Enhance the development of all pupils in every area of their lives and assist toward the realisation of maximum potential.
- Place emphasis on positive learning experiences which are driven by individual need.
- Encourage care and consideration towards those around us, regardless of gender, race, culture, belief, values, age and need.
- Recognise and celebrate all pupil academic and personal achievements.
- Develop knowledge, skills and attitudes which will enable each pupil to function with increasing autonomy and confidence in the community.
- Encourage pupils to make choices; to make decisions and generalise their skills in order to act appropriately in a range of situations.
- Assess each pupil’s special educational needs as accurately as possible involving other agencies as appropriate.
- Encourage pupil awareness of a healthy lifestyle.
- Build strong, collaborative partnerships with families, professionals and the community.
- Provide information to you about the school, including relevant policies, meetings, workshops, activities, newsletters and special events Signature of Head Teacher:
As a Family we aim to:
- Make sure that our child attends school regularly and to provide an explanation if absent.
- Ensure that our child is ready for school transport at the agreed time and that arrangements are made for our child to be met at the end of the day.
- Inform the school of any concerns or problems that might affect our child and work together to resolve them.
- Support and work with the school through the provision of opportunities for home learning (homework) where appropriate.
- Attend Annual Reviews and parents evening to work together to improve learning.
- Ensure that our child wears clothing appropriate to their age, the weather conditions and daily school activities.
- Ensure that our child comes to school having had sufficient sleep and food relative to his/her needs.
- Ensure that our child will be kept at home if unwell.
- Read and respond to any information sent home by the school.
- Support the Friends of Heart of the Forest in their endeavours to raise funds for the school.
- Signature of Parents/Guardians:
Together we aim to:
- Maintain good behaviour and discipline in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy available on the school website or by request to the School Office.
- Work through any issues or concerns effectively to make sure that your child’s educational experiences are positive.
Working in Partnership
- We all agree to live by our school values of Friendship, Honesty, Fun, Caring, Trust, Community, Respect, Responsibility and Perseverance